The LG G2 smartphone had its fair share of the spotlight when it made its debut back in 2013. With a great battery life endurance and a beautiful 5.2 inch full HD display that is still a glamour to look at one year later, the LG G2 was among the first device globally to rock Qualcomm’s ultra-fast Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.26 GHz. It’s good to see the South Korean company continue to push the latest versions of android on older devices and it has gracefully continued to support this capable device as well and now users of the LG G2 can get to enjoy a taste of the bacon with the latest Lollipop update just like their LG G3 counterparts. In addition, it looks like LG has also heeded to complaints about several WIFI stability and battery drainage issues experienced by users on Android 5.0 Lollipop update and they have fixed the same on the 5.0.2 update. So far, a week after blowing the 5.0.2 update on my LG G2, I have experienced zero bugs and everything looks all smooth and balanced. Not every markets has received this update however and if you are eager to get your device rolling with this update, we are going to guide you on how to easily flash the latest official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update manually on your LG G2.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: How to root Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833, C6806, C6802 Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
How to get latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update on LG G2 D802
- This update applies ONLY to the international D802 model of the LG G2 and flashing this firmware to the wrong device or a different variant may brick your device. Confirm your device model number in Settings>>General>>About phone.
- Backup all your important personal data as this tutorial will possibly wipe all your previous user data.
- Ensure that your device has enough battery charge before beginning the flashing process.
- Download and install LG USB drivers.
- Download the LG Flash Tool 2014 to assist you in flashing. Extract the downloaded zip file to a location on your desktop.
- Download LG G2 Android 5.0.2 KDZ firmware file and save it on your computer. (The most stable KDZ Lollipop firmware file looks like the V30d, about 1.8 GB in size)
- On the LG G2 go to Settings>>developer options and enable/tick USB debugging
- Turn off your device completely. Now while off, press and hold volume up button and at the same time connect your device to your PC using USB cable. This will put the device into download mode.
- Open the LGFlashTool2014.exe file and ensure CDMA and DIAG is selected. On KDZ file option menu, choose the downloaded D80230d_00.KDZ Lollipop ROM.
- Now Click on CSE Flash and then Click on START button to begin the flashing process.You can ignore the choose language pop up as you can do so later after installation is complete. CSE Flash allows for a clean install/format (recommended) while choosing the Normal flash will possibly retain user data.
If you encounter any glitches while flashing the ROM, switch off the device, enter into recovery and do a factory reset and you may need to repeat the process. The device will reboot automatically after the process is complete and you can now enjoy the new Lollipop firmware on your LG G2.
Latest posts by Charles Kamara (see all)
- Fake USB Flash Drives On Sale. Buyer Beware! - August 10, 2017
- Dealing With Windows Installation Errors - August 27, 2016
- How to Flash Infinix Hot Note X551and X507 with Android 5.1 Lollipop latest official update - March 28, 2016