This Lollipop update brings:
- XUI upgraded to 1.N.0.6
- Optimized system stability and performance
- Enhanced encryption application feature in System manager
- Added online theme feature in Theme
- Added delete button on image preview screen in Gallery app
- Added notification icon on magazine lock screen
- Optimized screen lighted up slowly issue when incoming call
- Fixed scheduled power on and off invalid issue by recent app cleaner
This guide, therefore aims at making the upgrade process as simple and easy to follow as possible. Call it a “Noob’s guide to flashing Mediatek (MTK) powered devices!’
How to Flash Infinix Hot Note X551and X507 with Android 5.1 Lollipop latest official update
This is a technical procedure, Self Tech Genius cannot be held responsible for any bricked devices if the procedure does not yield the required results.
- Make sure your device has sufficient battery charge (at least 60%)
- Back up all important personal data and apps and settings before upgrading.
- Download Lollipop 5.1 ROM for your device (ONLY download the correct firmware matching your device model)
For Infinix Hot X551 Download Infinix Hot Note X551 Lollipop 5.1 ROM
For Infinix Hot X507 Download Infinix Hot Note X507 Lollipop 5.0.2 ROM
- Download USB VCom drivers
- Download Latest SP Flashtool (Currently V5.1532)
STEP 1: VCOM USB Drivers Installation
- Extract the downloaded VCOM drivers to a folder on your desktop.
- Go to: Start> Run and type CMD Right click on the CMD app and choose Run as Administrator.
- In CMD window type in the following two commands hitting enter after each:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
- Now that you have disabled DSE, go ahead and install VCOM USB drivers. (Run the “InstallDriver.exe” application inside the extracted drivers folder)
- Now that you have the necessary USB drivers installed, extract both the ROM.Zip file and SP_Flashtool.Zip file on two separate folders on your desktop. Each on a different folder.
- On your Infinix phone go to Settings>Developer options. Enable USB debugging. (If no Developer Options are present in Settings menu, Navigate to About phone>Build number. Click on Build number 7 times to activate the Developer settings. Go back one step into the now visible Developer options and enable USB debugging)
- Connect phone to PC with original USB cable&let it load the connection. Then disconnect it
- Now Open the SP Flash_tool folder. Right-click the Flash_tool.exe application and select ‘Run as Administrator’. This will launch the SP Flashtool flashing program which you will use to upgrade your device.
- Click on SCATTER LOADING, this opens your folders. Navigate to the folder where you extracted the X551 or X507 Lollipop ROM.
- On this folder select the file “MT6592_Android_scatter.txt” open and wait for it to load into the program.
- On the Flash tool program, Change the “download Only” drop down option to “FIRMWARE UPGRADE”
- After all flash files have loaded into the program, Click on the “Download” button above (in green)
- Lastly, switch off your phone completely. Connect the device to PC using USB cable. Now the flashing process will begin soon as the connection is is made.
- Sit back and wait for a green “Download OK pass!” message as shown in the image below.
- The flashing and upgrade process is now complete, disconnect and reboot your Infinix Hot Note X551 or X507 device running latest Lollipop ROM.
If you experience any trouble after flashing the new OS, go to phone settings or boot into recovery and do a factory reset/hard reset. Having severally updated both Infinix Hot Note X551 and X507 to Lollipop, I can gladly confirm both ROMs to be working smooth as candy with little to no bugs, a good effort in the right direction by the Infinix Mobility company!
Found this tutorial helpful? kindly leave your thoughts on the comments below.